Finance & Business Operations
Associate Degree in Finance & Business Operations
By the end of life skills programme, students will be able to:
- Objective of studying Finance & Business Operations from TeamLease Skills University (TLSU) gives you the edge in terms of corporate exposure and acceptance as compared to normal B.Com Graduate. The Course covers huge range of subjects starting from Financial Accounting, Taxation, Management Accounting, Portfolio Management, Business Law, Business Mathematics & Statistics, Entrepreneurship, Tally and above all Life Skills and Job Skills with the help of Business Communications and Personality Development along with on job training.
- This course also gives you an exposure to the corporate world during your studies. This course provides comprehensive training to students in the field of Accounting & Finance by way of interaction, projects, presentations, industrial visits, case studies, practical training, and job orientation.
- The Financial and Corporate Accounting covers the theoretical aspects of accounting and Tally ERP cover the practical aspect of accounting. The course also covers the Basic Economics, Managerial Economics along with Global economy to give a Micro and Macro view of Economy.
- To have dynamism in the course we have courses like Entrepreneurship, Taxation, Banking, Insurance and Security Analysis & Portfolio Management, so that the students can easily be accepted by the BFSI Sector of the country.
- To improve the Life Skills/ Soft Skills, we have Business Communications along with English Communication so that a student can meet the industry expectations. To improve/equip with industry we have focused on Job Skills by including personality Development.
- The Course also includes On Job Training or so called Internship in Companies which will give the students a practical experience of the Job.
Eligibility CriteriaTraining & AssessmentCareer ProspectsUniqueness of B.com at TLSU
Any candidate who has passed 12th Std. / 12th Equivalent in 10+2 pattern with commerce is eligible to apply.
On Job Training (OJT)
A student has to undergo On Job Training (OJT) in the fourth semester. On Job Training gives candidates real life exposure to organizations, their work culture, the processes and policies of the industry. It is an essential part of the learning curve and makes the students job ready. Students until now have mastered the theoretical aspects of commerce and Management. Hereafter the student spends time with knowledgeable and skilled personnel of an organization to learn the ropes in each department. They spend a week or so in each department to get familiar with the processes. The coaching and mentoring given to students helps them to take on the job independently while reporting to the superior. Trainees, as they are referred to during this period, provide feedback on the course and work to superiors with close monitoring from mentors. This may be done till the trainees are able to execute the job flawlessly.
Project Report and Viva-voce
At end of fourth semester the students has to submit a Project report followed by viva voce. The project should be completed under the supervision of Guide allotted by the University & Industry.
The job opportunities in the Finance & Business Operations segment are huge. The successful graduates of TLSU could foresee positions in the industry such as Accounts Executive, Accountant, Finance Executive, Tally Trainer, Taxation Executive, Portfolio Consultant, Terminal Agent, Relationship Manager-Retail Banking, Insurance Advisor, Financial Consultants, etc.
- Blended Mode of Teaching (Combination of F2F & Using Cloud)
- Blogs and Discussion Forums to clarify doubts 24×7
- Use of different softwares related to Accounting & Finance like Tally.
- Problem Based Teaching / Case Based teaching along with Peer Group Learning
- Focus on practical aspect of BFSI Sector by filling up different Forms, Challans, Cheques, Drafts, Annual Returns, and Financial Statements.
- Life Skill courses like Computer Skills, Soft Skill and Job Skill Courses
- OJT i,e., On the Job Training
Dr. Anupam MitraI/c Registrar, HOD & Associate Professor, Commerce & Management
Dr. Anupam Mitra is working with TeamLease Skills University, Vadodara, Gujrat as HOD and Associate Professor in Department of Commerce & Management. He is an Associate Member (ACMA) of ICWAI and a Doctorate in banking from University of Calcutta. He is also UGC-NET and SLET qualified. He is having 12 years of teaching and 9 years of industry experience. He has altogether 15 publications in different national and international refereed journals. He has also presented several research papers in national and international conferences. Prior to this, he worked in eminent institutions like Symbiosis International University, Calcutta University. His research interest lies in Banking, Accounting and Taxation, Micro-finance, Stock Market etc.
Dr. Ashutosh SandheAssociate Professor, Commerce & Management
Dr. Ashutosh Sandhe has a Ph.D in the field of Marketing Management from the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, a qualified Company Secretary, M.Com with Commerce and Business Administration, B.Com with Accounting & Auditing and B.Com (Supplementary) in Marketing Management. He is also a certified SAP ERP Consultant from SAP AG, Germany.
He has a total of 17 years of experience out of which 7 years of industry, 3 years as Practicing Company Secretary and 7 years of full time academic experience. His industry experience is diversified ranging from Government to IT Industry. He has worked in reputed corporates like Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. His teaching experience is at both, Post Graduate level which includes MBA as well as at Undergraduate level which includes BBA and B.Com. He has held various administrative positions in his previous jobs which includes Director, MBA Program in a highly reputed institute. He is also a member of the Board of Studies in TeamLease Skills University. His domain areas are Marketing Management and Business Laws. Along with full time academics, he has been a visiting faculty at various institutes imparting MBA and BBA education in and around Vadodara, Gujarat.
He has till date published 7 research papers in the area of Marketing Management in peer reviewed International Journals and presented 3 papers in International Conferences. In addition to this, he has participated in numerous national and international conferences, workshops and faculty development programmes. He is presently working on a research paper in the field of Advertising. He is on the editorial board of three international journals and reviewed research papers in those journals.
He is presently associated with TeamLease Skills University as Associate Professor in Commerce and Management.
Dr. Manoj SharmaAssistant Professor, Commerce & Management
Dr. Manoj Sharma is currently working with TeamLease Skills University, Vadodara as Assistant Professor in Department of Commerce & Management has about 8 years of Teaching Experience in the field of Finance & Accounting & 3 years of Industry Experience. He has worked with R. A. Podar Institute of Management Studies, Sobhasariya Engineering College, Shridhar University and IET, Alwar etc., as Faculty. He has completed his Ph.D in Business Administration from University of Rajasthan, Jaipur. He has published a book and altogether 6 Research papers in national/ international peer reviewed journals. He has expertise in Soft Skill and practical play way learning methodology of teaching. He has also developed Management Labs at various organizations. His research interest lies in Banking, Accounting and Taxation, Micro-finance, Stock Market etc.