Associate Degree in Mechatronics
Why Choose Mechatronics ?
- The department of Mechatronics at TLSU offers a 2-Year Associate degree and a 3-Year Bachelor degree program in Mechatronics. The course aims to produce students who can design and develop smart machines and use their multidisciplinary skills to meet growing demands of any industry.
- Students learn the fundamental principles of mechanical, electrical, software, instrumentation and controls engineering and gain hands-on experience at our specially prepared laboratories and workshops.
- In this fast growing global world, the products are been designed with modern mechanical systems which are controlled by software and embedded electronics to create miniatures of the products. Mechatronics discipline provides set of skills which allows graduates to integrate mechanical system, electronics, electrical, computer science and control system to design and develop the future technology and thereby making him multi skilled.
EligibilityTeaching MethodologyPractical OrientationCareer ProspectsJob Prospects
- The applicants who have passed the higher secondary examination 10th + 2 or its equivalent course (HSC/Pre-University course) are eligible to apply for the Associate Degree and Degree Programs.
- The applicants who have passed 10th standard + 2 years of ITI course are eligible to apply for the Associate Degree and Degree Programs.
- The applicants who expecting their final semester/year result of 10 + 2 or its equivalent course (HSC/Pre-University/10+2 yeas of ITI) are also eligible to apply.
TeamLease Skills University (TLSU) offers learner-oriented education.
The blended learning mode involves combination of face-to-face teaching, web-mediated instruction, life skills, hands on work for practical experience and on job training for exposure to workplace practice. In addition to this Industrial visit, seminar, conference, project work and virtual simulation increase interaction between faculty and students.
At end of fourth semester the students has to submit a Project report followed by viva voce. The project should be completed under the supervision of Guide allotted by the University & Industry.
The curriculum is designed to get relevant jobs as per industry’s requirement. To explore practical knowledge, the learners are facilitated with On-Job-Training, Industrial visits besides hybrid mode of teaching. Virtual simulation, analysis and model making enable students to think beyond the boundaries and play multidisciplinary role in industries.
On Job Training (OJT)
To acquire hands on experience, On Job Training (OJT) is introduced in the 4th semester as a part of curriculum. During 4 to 6 months of OJT students get trained by industrial experts on workplace practice, behaviour, technology and systems; to test their theoretical concept to gain job relevant skills and enhanced employability.
Mechatronics graduates will have an added advantage of necessary skills to integrate mechanical, IT, electrical, electronics and control systems and to meet increasing Industrial demand for interdisciplinary graduates. TLSU provides hands on practical experience and skills necessary for a student to excel and stay in this competitive world.
Futuristic technologies like Micro-electro Mechanical system, Nano-technology, Robotics, Machine Vision, Automation, Artificial Intelligence, Medical robots & Instrumentation, Bio-mechatronics and Unmanned vehicles are the era of mechatronics and recent trends of research area, also.
- Mechanical equipment and product manufacturing e.g. automotive, pumps, machine tools, refrigeration and air-conditioning etc.
- Automation & Robotics
- Avionics and Aerospace
- Chemical Process Industries
- Pharmaceutical Process Plant
- Service industries like auto-repairs, telecom equipment maintenance, electronic and computer equipment maintenance etc.
- Engineering Project Companies
- Transportation and Logistic
- Food Processing
- MEMS, Nano-Technology
Prashant ParmarHOD & Assistant Professor, Mechatronics
Mr. Parmar Prashant is Head and Assistant Professor of Mechatronics Department at TeamLease Skills University, Vadodara-Gujarat. He has received his Master degree in Mechatronics from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University-AP, Batchelor in Mechatronics from G H. Patel College of Engineering & Technology-Gujarat and Diploma in Mechatronics from B. S. Patel Polytechnic-Gujarat. In his 4 years of teaching experience and has been involved in the areas of Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Programmable Logical Controller, Mechatronics Systems, Robotics, Machine Vision. His other area of interest are Medical Instrumentation, Low Cost Automation, Mechatronics System Design and MEMS.
Udayan TrivediAcademic Associate, Mechatronics
Mr Udayan J. Trivedi is working with TeamLease Skills University, Vadodara, Gujrat as Academic Associate in Mechatronics Department. He has completed his Bachelor’s of Engineering degree in Electronics and Instrumentation From Rajiv Gandhi Proud yogiki Vishwa vidyalaya after completion of his graduation, he has joined Thapar University for Masters of Engineering degree in Electronics Instrumentation and Control. He has experience of working in the state of the art Laboratories like National Physical Laboratory (NPL) New Delhi, DRDE (Defence Research And Development Establishment) Gwalior. He is Having One international paper in IEEE journal and one international conference Paper. His area of interests are Biomedical Instrumentation, Control Systems and Embedded systems, but not limited to these.
Dishank UpadhyayAcademic Associate, Mechatronics
Mr.Dishank S Upadhyay has done his graduation in Mechatronics Engineering followed by Diploma in Mechatronics with securing Gold Medal. He is good at designing, Automation and Manufacturing subjects. Right now he is working as an Academic Associate, his strength is interactive teaching with real life examples, understanding and giving practical exposure for each practical exposure. He has published research paper on “Automated Guided Vehicle System using Arduino”. He has visited UK under UKIERI-“UK – India Education & Research Initiative” project of University.